Member and Community Updates
Michigan is currently under a shelter-in-place order restricting all activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life. All non-essential businesses are required to be closed. In addition to the resources below you can view the community cancellations and all updates and communications sent by the Chamber regarding COVID-19.
Straits Area Food Pantry Continues to Provide Food Weekly
We recognize there may be an increase in need during this unexpected economically challenging time, so we would like to share details of the Straits Area Food Pantry, for those who are interested. Please spread the word.
The Food Pantry services people living in Mackinaw City, Carp Lake, and Levering Wednesday at 10am. To keep everyone healthy tables will now be set up outside. Pull up, open your trunk, and staff will put in a bag of food. No forms, no questions.
We also recognize that with a potential increase in demand there will be a greater need for donations. If you can spare any food please make an appointment for drop off by calling Church of the Straits at 231-436-8682.
Cancellations and Closures due to COVID-19
To add your event to this list please email email@example.com.
- Mackinaw Area Public Library offers daily story time at 1pm through Facebook
- Due to COVID-19 Concerns the Mackinac Bridge Authority will not accept cash transactions starting Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Odawa Casino Mackinaw City and Petoskey closed
- Mackinaw City Village Council meetings by Zoom; call Village Hall for more information
- All MI Welcome Centers Closed until further notice
- St. Ignace Home Show rescheduled for May 29 & 30
- NLEA Annual Lunch April 24 Postponed
- Audie’s Restaurant Closed until further notice
- CNB lobby open by appointment only. Drive-Thru open
- Village Hall, Closed to public, available for calls
- Wawatam Senior Center Meals Available by Pick Up Only (no orders after 4 pm. Call (231) 436-5323 to place an order)
- Straits Area Federal Credit Union- lobby closed until further notice. Drive thru- OPEN.
- Wawatam Senior Center – All activities are cancelled until further notice
- The Mackinac Bridge has indefinitely suspend its driver assistance program, NO CASH TRANSACTIONS AT TOLLS
- The Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce, Closed to Public
- April 4 Raptorfest, Cancelled
- Mackinaw Memorial Day Parade, Cancelled
- 58th Annual Fort Michilimackinac Reenactment Pageant Cancelled
- June 11 Mackinaw City Annual Breakfast, Cancelled
- 72nd Annual Mackinac Island Lilac Festival, Cancelled