Community Excellence Awards Dinner and Raffle
Help us celebrate excellence in our community at the first annual Community Excellence Awards Dinner and Raffle hosted by the Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce.
Please review the award categories below, then follow the link to vote. We encourage nomination submissions in more than one category, but you will need to complete a new form for each submission. While individuals need not be affiliated with the Chamber of Commerce to be nominated, businesses and organizations nominated must be a member in good standing of the Chamber of Commerce in order to receive consideration for an award.
If you would like to submit a paper copy of this form or have any questions, please stop into the Chamber Office (707 N. Huron Ave.) or give us a call (231)436-5574. Forms are available at the office.
Citizen of the Year:
This individual is recognized as a champion for contributions of time and energy to improving the quality of life for the community-at-large.
Rising Star Award:
In recognition of our up-and-coming business and community leaders, the Rising Star Award celebrates a young professional possessing the following characteristics:
- (22-40 years old) whose professional success is matched by their commitment to serving our community. Must be between the ages of 22 and 40 at the time of the event.
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession
- Must have been with their current company for a minimum of two years – OR – own a business with a history of continuing operations for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession. The individual provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
Educator of the Year:
This award is intended to honor an educator at Mackinaw City Public Schools that has made exceptional contribution to their students, school, and community.
Chamber Champion Award:
Recognition of a Chamber Board Member, Ambassador, or Friend for exceptional dedication or service to the Chamber.
Hospitality Leadership Award:
This award provides an opportunity for member businesses to formally acknowledge their star employee for exceptional customer service, work ethic, positive attitude, dependability, or other character traits that contributed to their success. All nominees in this category will be named at the ceremony, but only one will be chosen based on the detail provided by the employer.
Business of the Year:
The Business of the Year award celebrates a member that stands out in all aspects of its business operations and as a community leader. This business shall be a model for other area businesses and also exemplify a collaborative spirit with the general business community. Nominations may be submitted by a business or a member of the business community. Nominee must:
- Be a member in good standing with the Chamber, at the time of the nomination and at the dinner
- Have a representative from the business must be present at the event to win
- Not have won Business of the Year award in the past 4 years
Organization of the Year:
The Organization of the Year award celebrates a member non-profit that stands out in all aspects of its operations and as a community leader. This entity shall be a model for other area non-profits and also demonstrate a collaborative spirit with the community. Organization may nominate itself, or member of the community may be nominated by nominate an organization that they value.
- Organization must be a member in good standing with the Chamber, at the time of the nomination and at the event.
- A representative from the organization must be present at the event to win
- Must not have won Organization of the Year award in the past 4 years
Entrepreneurial Business of the Year:
This award recognizes a member business that is within its first 5 years of existence in the communities of Mackinaw City, Carp Lake, Levering, or Cross Village. This business identified a need in the community, launched a new business to fill that need and has experienced success because of their entrepreneurial spirit. Businesses and organizations nominated must be a member in good standing of the Chamber of Commerce in order to receive consideration for an award.
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING NOMINATIONS IS NOON ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2019. Nominees must be willing and able to attend the dinner or send a representative who is able to receive the award on their behalf. The Chamber will send an invitation to the finalists.
All nominations will be referred to the selection committee. The selection committee, made up of eight individuals, will determine award recipients based on the information provided in the nomination forms. Three finalists in each category will be announced two weeks prior to the event. The recipients will not be announced until the award dinner.
Reservations and Raffle Tickets for this event are not yet available. Please check back soon!