“The Big Dog”
Hot Dog Eating Contest
Sponsored by: Weinerlicious and Exit Realty Premier
Hosted by: The Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce
1st PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE $200!!
- Entry Fee $20.00.
- Entries will be limited to the first 15 contestants. Form available online, or at Chamber of Commerce. Form will be at the Emcee Booth, beginning on October 12 at 11am
- Contestants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All contestants must be registered, checked in and at the Chamber Emcee Booth by 2:45 p.m. on October 12th. The competition will begin promptly at 3pm.
- The object is to eat as many hot dogs and buns with water as the only beverage. Water will be provided to all contestants.
- Vomiting, spitting out, or any use of “the bucket,” during the contest or within two minutes the timer stops will result in disqualification.
- When the timer ends each contestant will be permitted to chew and swallow the food in their mouth. No prize will be awarded to a contestant with food in their mouth.
- Each contestant will be given ten hot dogs to start.
- Contestants will wait for the signal to start and a stopwatch will be used
- The allotted time is five (5) minutes.
- Dunking and crunching the hot dog and bun is allowed.
- Separating the hot dog and bun to eat them individually is allowed.
- Contestants must not touch any hot dogs until the starting signal.
- Winner will be determined by whoever finishes within the best time OR whoever has eaten the most hot dogs within the allotted time.
- The judges will determine the winner of the contest not the participants & the judges’ decision will be final
- Any contestant caught breaking any of the above rules will be disqualified.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN WAIVER AND LIST EMERGENCY CONTACT AT THE EVENT IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE!
I know that eating large amounts of hot dogs is potentially hazardous and is an uncomfortable activity. I should not enter and eat unless I am medically capable and properly trained. I realize that this is in good fun and possibly bad taste, but I agree to be a good sport. I agree to abide by any decision of the contest officials and all of the contest rules. I assume all risks associated with eating in this type of event.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of you accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Fall Into Mackinaw Committee, the Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce, their representatives, sponsors, and their successors from all claims of liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event.
Contestant Signature (must be 18): Date: